Monday 10 December 2012

Absence

I feel as if there has been a lack of the inner me in my posts for a while. The inner me that is curious about the workings of people, that is deeply passionate about fulfilment, understanding, perception, insight and mental wellbeing.

I had intended to apologise for this, but even as I type, I realise that other sides of me have been absent for a longer while - the side of me that sees pretty things outdoors and wants to share them; the side of me that becomes indignant and doesn't want to understand another's pain; the side of me that is grumpy or bored or fed up with the weather; and the side of me that delights in simple things, like making guacamole and fairy cakes.

So as I type and decide I'm not going to apologise, because all sides of me are valid.

I think about learning (and therefore life) and about how important it is to take time out sometimes, to just digest and chill, to become, perhaps, ever so slightly brainless for a bit, while everything settles inside, before taking another step.

1 comment:

  1. You do not need to ponder over much about the changes of moods, attentions etc. it has always been thus... We climb, we descends... we take different routes of our abilities and forget about the other ones... it is OK to be thus! Love you, xx

    ReplyDelete

Lovely to see your thoughts.